Thursday 22 July 2010

Food: Cod centrale



Ever since I worked at a fairly fancy restaurant (Oxfords, Southampton) I have been a bit obsessed with the central symmetric stacking plate technique. It may be a little bit noughties (2000s? Turn of the millennium?) but I still like it. Was quite proud of this one. Maybe a little pallid, and maybe the tomatoes could have been a bit more dainty, but tasty all the same.

Grilled cod topped with fried spring onions (latest discovery, less breath stinking, crispy, mmm) and mint, sitting on couscous (shaped a la inside of small bowl) with yoghurt, mint, cucumber, tomato, salt and cayenne pepper.

Sauce that tomatoes are sitting on was leftover Ottolenghi tahini sauce we had on fried cauliflower the night before.

Looked nice from above:



I have really got to stop photographing my dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment