Thursday 19 August 2010

Food: Pasta with various green things


Don't be fooled, this is not the scrapings of an overgrown garden, nor the inner workings of my brain (though a close likeness) but my latest attempt at an Ottolenghi 'three more ingredients than you can really be bothered to add' special. It's fried courgette salad from his new book Plenty, a little pressie from Michael. Not that he wants me to make him delicious meals of course, purely for my own delight.

Whizzing up herbs with oil and salt and pepper into a sauce was an exciting revelation. What was not a revelation was that I still don't like parsley. I have tried to come to terms with it, chefs seem to love the stuff, but I just find it abhorrent and bitter and no just abhorrent.

Another revelation was tubey springy pasta. Great fun altogether. If it didn't taste that amazing sadly (no parsley next time, add garlic/onion/something to make it taste of something), at least it was fun to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment